Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Good Day!

One would think that when your children move out on their own, things would slow down. Nope. Life keeps getting busier and busier.

Spent the weekend in Portland and celebrated my youngest's 23rd birthday. We had dinner at the Ringside Steakhouse. Her brother, Steve and wife Cory, Aunt Marion, her Dad and I, and her best friend Aurora joined us. Dinner at the Ringside is always a super treat. Love it!!


Also, spent all of Saturday with Pati Palmer of Palmer-Pletsch sewing patterns. Learned how to pattern fit and then pin fit a pair of traditional jeans. OMG. How will I ever remember all that. I now have pattern pieces cut out and ready to sew. Pati is an awesome woman. It was a very good day and one I will remember forever! I do hope that our paths cross again.


Yesterday the "so-far-overdue-we-won't-talk-about-it" newsletter of mine was completed. Took a month to really work it out, including a free earflap pattern. This newsletter is slated to be released in 6 hours. If you aren't on the mailing list, be sure to add yourself.

Yesterday was a good day. Beside crossing off the newsletter, I also got the announcement out to my female siblings about my Mom's "girls day" birthday weekend in Portland. Mom is a city girl and any chance she gets she's heading for the city. Spending a weekend in downtown Portland with her girls is an event she's pretty excited about. So I got the reservations at the Embassy Suites, and put the announcement out to my sisters. You'd think that this would be a simple thing to do. Yep . . . . right . . . .
but it's done now.
Yesterday went so well, I got about a 48hour jump on a fairly large photoshop job I'm working on for a knitting machine catalog. I'm pretty excited about this project. It is long overdue. It is still in the beginning stages, but should have the prototype/version 1 done by the 15th.

I pray that I get more good days like yesterday!

No comments: