Friday, June 20, 2008

Cascade Heritage Sock T-Top


As I promised, here is the final result of my Cascade Heritage Sock T-Top. It fits perfectly through the shoulders, armhole and bust. But I decided my next top needed some tweaking over the hip area. And you might be able to tell in the 2nd photo that I folded up the sleeves. I thought I wanted a little longer sleeve, but upon looking at it on me, decided that it was not a flattering length on me. If I folded the sleeve up 1.5" I really liked the "uplifted" look to it. So, this little work top will have cuffed sleeves. Plus it really gave me some design ideas if I have the opportunity to do another. And if so, I'm going to use Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, just because I know it will be just as nice, if not nicer!

So you wonder why I'm doing tops out of Sock Yarn?? I love the weight a fingering-weight yarn produces in a fabric. This weight of yarn knits at about T8 on the standard gauge machine and I had 7.3 sts per inch. Many sock yarns are a blend of wool and nylon. This is to make them durable and washable. Well, I need durable and washable for my work tops. Because of these qualities, the very high quality yarns such as Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, make perfect infant garments. Think about it! WASHABLE !!

I only wore the top long enough for photos. I think I will put it into the Coos County Fair. One of our Heritage Textiles Guild member's is the manager for the needle arts department and is always encouraging members to put items in the fair.

On the private side of life, my nieces and their Dad is due back Saturday evening. All next week the days will be full as they will be spending the days with me, while their Dad is at work. Ariel has plans to help in the store with shipping and freight. She's 12 and excited to have a part-time summer job. She's growing up! Aurora, 7, I'm not sure what she has planned. At 7 years old, they often need more attention. We'll manage. I have patience on my side!

On the business side of life, my weekly shipment of Lorna's Laces arrived yesterday. All restocking colors. They are running late with their new colors, so they have not yet shipped. Maybe in a few weeks. Also, a huge shipment from Cascade. 6 new shades in the solids of the Heritage Sock Yarn, and about 2-3 colors of Cascade 220 SuperWash that I'm slowly stocking.

Hope your summer is going well! Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome sweater!
I've been watching for blog for a while now.
Great job,
Susie