Thursday, July 19, 2007

rain in July!




We've had company for 3 weekends in a row. It has been great! The weekend before last it was my husband's sister and her husband. They've been living in Pittsburg, but have purchased a place here on the coast where they plan to retire. Both of them were raised here, so they are looking forward to coming home. Then last weekend 3 of our kids (son Steve, daughter Greta and son-in-law Todd) were here. Todd put a new roof on my Mom's place and installed my new storm door. Love it!




It has been raining for 3 days now. RAINING!! Our lawn is turning green again. This is nutsy weather for July!



The weekly shipment from Lorna's Laces arrived and Sarah quickly put it all away. The popular yarn these days appears to be the Lace Weight yarns of Helen's Lace and to a smaller degree Heaven. Heaven is my favorite, but I'm crazy about lace weight mohair anyway. Sock projects appear to have slowed down a tad. And judging by the size of the orders, knitters/crocheters are ordering their supply of Cascasde 220 for their projects destined to be gifts this coming holiday. Yes, July is probably a good month to think about your hand made gifts and getting all your yarns and supplies in order. (this is a picture of part of our Shepherd Worsted rack. everything in its place!!)








My needles have hardly been picked up this past week. The brown and gold jacket is done, but I think I want to remove some of the whip stitching on the zipper. The outside is flawless, but the inside has room for improvement. I think I will set the sewing machine to a large loose stitch and open up the feed dog so there is no pressure on the stitches and see if I can't get something nicer. Took it to my month Fiber Arts meeting and got lots of oohs when I took it out of the bag. The wow factor is always good!!! I want to do another with feather and fan for the sleeves and hood (again in Cascade Superwash 220). Couldn't help it but had to do a small feather and fan swatch. But I promise not to start it until the 2 jackets and husband's sweater is done. I'm so close, it is just plain silly.

Today is weekly cleaning day. Friday afternoons are busy with our weekly open house of knitters and crocheters who like to meet. And Saturday one of the local SW Coast groups has asked to meet here, so the next few days will be busy ones!

No comments: