Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More new yarn!

It took a while, but I finally finished scanning and prepping these 8 new colors in the Cascade 220 Paints line for print and web.

I can't decide which one I like the best. Maybe Harbor Beach simply because it is a combination I don't see much. I love how it looks with blue jeans. Now I can't decide if Iwant to knit something fast, like a hat, or maybe a pullover over to wear with my jeans at work.

Finally completed the member's newsletter for the Association of Knitwear Designers, Inc. I was assistant editor for one month when the editor decided to move on. So guess what! I'm now editor. It was a hair raising experience. So far, 2 mistakes have appeared, but everyone was kind and patient with me. A slight alteration and the newsletter will be ready to email out to the yarn companies. I think it is safe now to send to them.

If you are interested, the Association of Knitwear Designers, Inc., is an association that applicants apply to be a member either at the associate or professional level. Your work is previewed before you will be accepted. But if you are serious, this is a great association to be part of. Members teach and get taught by each other. It is a great way to network with the design end of the yarn industry. And there is always a lot going on, and there are many committees really busy with AKD Inc things.

The toddler vests pieces are done. I had to knit one front 3 times just because my notes were so poorly prepared for that size. But did a lot of tech edits over the weekend. Next I should take some in-progress photos just in case I want them for the pattern, and start the seaming.

Yesterday here on the coast of Oregon, it was beautiful. Sunny and it felt like spring. Today, I am looking at a foggy dark overcast day. I was sooooo ready for spring! Now I'm just ready for a nap!

1 comment:

Becka said...

Yummmm, I like that one, too, I also liked, I think it was Harbor Beach...they are all lovely! How do you EVER decide which yarn you want to knit with?!
hugs!