Saturday, December 31, 2011

Summer Knitting in Winter!

Knit One Crochet Too is a great company. Years ago I carried this line. Well I'm back! Starting off with 2 of their lines. 100% cotton Ty-Dy in the multi and in the dots.  Everytime I see garments made from this yarn, it always takes my breath away.  Also their luscious Croc-o-Dye, 65% Superwash Wool,  20% Nylon and  15% Silk.

I know it is winter, and while I'm craving hot summer weather, I'm wrapped in 4 layers on my way to work.  I'm working on a garment out of Ty-Dy yarn. Something simple with the goal that I actually get it finished before summer. Download the free Lucia Tee pattern here.

Now is the time to plan those summer garments and gifts. Knit One Crochet Too's Ty-Dy Cotton Yarn has a summery array of colors for the perfect summer fiber. This smooth and soft, pure cotton yarn reminds us here at the Yarn Store of ice cream. Delicious!
Fiber Content: 100% cotton , Yardage: 196 yards
Sts per 4": 20 sts, Needles: US size 7 (4.5mm)

Take a look at the shades, and the fun-fun-fun "Dots" shades.
Get this cotton yarn now, while stock is good!

You might think baby blankets are for babies, but everyone loves a cozy throw to curl up with at night. They can be for children, but college students love them too. Angelika's has a great selection of "cozy cuddly afghans" and a great selection of reasonably priced yarns to go with them.

Cascade's Pacific Worsted is super priced, but knit something cozy in Cascade's Pacific Bulky
Using a bulky yarn for a DK or Worsted weight cozy throw, and you get a bigger, squishy, cozy cuddle!

No comments: