Friday, July 15, 2011

Just had to share!!

This is a quick shot of the new ball winder. When I opened up the box I found the yarn winder comes with its own screwdriver. Sometimes it is the little stuff that tickles us all day long. I just had to share this with you. This just isn't any screwdriver! It is quite nice and a woman's dream as it is magnetized. Sure made putting the yarn winder together so much easier!

This is greatly needed size ball winder, at a reasonable price. Your can order yours now on my Yarn Winder & Swifts Page.

Henry (much to his disgruntlement) was drafted into moving yarn yesterday. He is much more comfortable glued to the computer. And he has been as he's been remodeling the web site. But I've been groaning how the Cascade 220 Superwash Wool Yarn is overflowing to total distraction! at 5:30 last night, I said "I'm doing it". "Bet it takes 1 hr". He just rolled his eyes. By 6:30 it was done with only the new Cascade Yarns freight that came in yesterday to be put away.

So now, when you come into the store the 220 Superwash Yarn is in a much happier, brighter lit spot, with lots of elbow room.

Saturday will be a special day, as I will be attending (finally!) the Metropolitan Machine Knitters Guild's monthly meeting. I'm so looking forward to seeing what everyone has been doing. One of the topics we will be discussing is the planning of next years knitting machine seminar here in Portland. As "headmaster" of this event, and new to Portland, I've a lot of information to gather then research. The biggest is finding a location that meets my criteria, followed by selecting a small group of teachers. I'm looking forward to finding teachers that feature younger styles, but styles that can easily be modified for a more conservative look as well. So exciting!

If you would like to stay on top of the progress for this seminar, you can sign up for Notification News at http://www.yarn-store.com/machine-knitting-seminar.html

We'll talk soon!!

No comments: