Sunday, June 7, 2009

In a Fog

The Oregon Coast has been in a fog all week, alternating with rain. Is this June? Do I live on planet Earth? Looking back over the past week, even my brain is in a fog.
What have I accomplished?
Besides the daily shipping and admin work, I'm not sure . . . ha ha . . . Well, on Wednes day I attempted to purchase an iphone on my current contract. Hit a snag, there. Made a decision and attempted again on Thursday. Now I've been thinking about this since the day I bought an ipod touch, which was months ago. This is no impulse decision. With the help of Becky at my local ATT ofc, we set up a conference call for Friday morning. After 4 frickin' calls, the paperwork was complete, and I literally flew into town to buy the phone and sign the deal. My gawd, ATT doesn't want to make it easy for you to switch! But thank you, Becky (ATT North Bend, OR) for sticking with me on this, and refusing to give up nor have an attitude about this.
All this tech is rather new to me, but I'm lovin' it. I ended up downloading ALL my contacts from my Windows Address book. You DON'T want to do that. After hours of reading and research, I created a group within my address book called iphone. And thru itunes replaced the current book with this group. For some reason this replace process is a big secret. GHEESHE!! Found the answer on this blog: http://manismani.blogspot.com/2008/03/delete-all-contacts-from-iphone-using.html
Problem solved. On the social front attended a few parties this week, one retirement and one graduation. It was entertaining. I hadn't seen some of these people for years. A few didn't recognize me. When you drop 40-50 pounds, do weight work and have a great esthetician . . . . more than a few eyebrows go up, and a few comments were received that make even the most mature woman blush.
In the store, have cleaned up many loose ends and "piles" too numerous and mundane to list here. Currently spread across my desk are the Cascade 220 colors. Looks like we are now up to about 380 colors. Can you imagine??? Crazy. Cross reference-edit catalog-edit jpg-edit webapge-upload pdf color card . . . . . my eyes are crossed and I've not even started. Its only the loud pop-rock in the background that is keeping me awake!
Leaving Thursday afternoon for Portland, OR. Will stay with son, Steve, and catch a morning flight to Columbus to attend The National Needlework Assoc trade show. Will return on Monday with lots of goodies to share. If you need to place an order, you will need to do so no later than noon on Wednesday, otherwise, it will ship next week.
Take care!!

No comments: