Thursday, December 11, 2008

the best laid plans . . .

What a week! I had to lay out each day and put each thing I HAD to do on each day. It was the only way to survive! But things have eased up and I'm slightly ahead of schedule, thanks to my detailed "to do" list. Now things would be perfect if I had not pulled a troublesome rib out of place!

But a reward arrived today. A new pattern from Knitting Pure and Simple and I just could not help myself. Since I was slightly ahead of schedule, I decided to put the heating pad on my back and cast on.





Knitting Pure and Simple Children's V Neck Down Pullover #293

Sizes: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 (finished chest measurements: 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36). The sweater was knit in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in the colorway Maplegrove.

I just fell in love with this little guy. I can see it looks awesome in Maple Grove, and decided I had to have one for the store in Renaissance Romance.




Another thing that happened this week was the installation of new carpet. Don't ever buy Berber carpet. There are different kinds of Berber. But beware. The kind we purchased 5 years ago was beautiful when new, but the dirt never truly came up. and if you have pets, forget it. A few years ago I asked our local professional carpet cleaning service (the owner) what carpet he recommends. Boy was he hesitant. So I rephrased it. "knowing what you know about cleaning carpets, durability, wear and life, what would you put in your house." Nylon was the prompt reply. And as I think back on the children's rooms, he is right. Most all stains will lift out and stay out of nylon carpets. Of course, not model paint! But food, dirt, pop, and even grease comes out and stays out. I looked at only 100% nylon when looking for replacement carpet.


No comments: