Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Haunting!

Don't forget, I'm still giving away some free yarn. I will pull a name on November 15th for your choice of 2 hanks of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, Shepherd Sport, Shepherd Worsted or Shepherd Bulky!! Such a deal!! Names put in the jar will be from those readers who send me a comment!


Took me a while, but my Neckdown Summer Cardigan (Knitting Pure & Simple: Neckdown Summer Cardigan for Women #221-last one on the page) is complete.




This is my second one. The first one was in Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb. This was is in Cascade's Cash Vero. Both of them I modified to take in the waist some. On the second one I only put the top buttons on the top, leaving the bottom open.




A couple of new things in the store. I've been bringing in the Cascade Superwash Handdyed shades and I'm almost got them all now. This is perfect for children's garments, and garments that need to be machine washed. This is a worsted weight yarn that usually gets 4.5 sts per inch on about a 4.5mm needle (US#7).




Also, I've picked up a few more patterns from Figheadh Yarnworks. I like Jennifer's patterns because they have a classic design and are pretty simple to knit. These two designs (shown in this picture) are both hoodies. The one on the right is a pullover for children. The one on the right is a zipper hoodie and it includes both children and adult sizes. It is a very easy knit. Both of these might make great Christmas gifts. You can see more of their details here.
On the home front, things have been quiet. Our son-in-law has been gone for a few weeks. He stays with us when working on jobs (contractor) down here. Been playing a few games of pool usually daily, but my pool skills are sadly lacking and not really improving. In fact last night I swear I was getting worse!! Don't know if I mentioned it, but my gawd-awful glasses have been laid to rest. I am now using contacts and love them. Well, most of the time I do. I do get angry when they won't go in, or won't come out. The lab technician was concerned I would have trouble because of my long nails. But I hate glasses, so I will prevail!!
Everyone enjoy Halloween and be safe!!!

15 comments:

Lindsay said...

i think that shepherd sport is calling my name!
love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I love your new Renaissance Romance! As soon as I can get away with another yarn purchase, I'm gonna get me some. Love your store, especially since Lornas Laces is my all-time favorite yarn.

Unknown said...

I like your sweater. I also liked
your blue summer sweater. This one
looks like it's been lined with
something. I also liked your blog
where your granddaughter was knitting. My granddaughter just
made her first pair of socks.I am
very ill and cannot make any big
projects. I stick to hats and scarves and hope that they come out
o.k. I read your blog all the time
but I never left a comment.

msbones said...

I found your blog from a link on Knitters Review form when I was looking for info on a Studio Knitting machine. Hope to be able to "pick your brain...
bwaaahaaahaaa" (post Halloween laugh).
Msbones

A. said...

Lorna's Laces! I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, but I've heard sooo many good things about it. :)

jenbrook96 said...

Hello Angelika. Thanks so much for bringing us such a great selection of yarn and other goodies. The ball winder and swift I purchased from you are working out great! I'm so glad I ordered them. Have a great day!

Jennifer H.

Lisa said...

nice work on the sweater. i love it! thanks for the great selection of yarn and other knitting supplies in the store. it's fun to get a package and see what goodies you've included with my order. thanks!! Lisa

Lisa said...

nice work on the sweater. i love it! thanks for the great selection of yarn and other knitting supplies in the store. it's fun to get a package and see what goodies you've included with my order. thanks!! Lisa

Tonja said...

Hi Angelika, I found your blog by searching for knitting machines. I'm wondering if you could help me. Or at least point me somewhere. When my mom passed away this summer, she had two knitting machines and TONS of accessories in her house. I have no idea what goes with what, what does what or what to do with it all. She kept all the boxes, original packing styrofoam and instruction books, but it's not all together. And she was using both machines, so I don't even know how to unassemble them to put them away. Do you think there's any way to sell these things or at least get them into the hands of someone who would know what to do with them? Any direction you could give me would be appreciated. I know she loved to knit, and we have enjoyed being the recipient of her work. I would hate to just throw these things away. You can contact me at conwayfour@sbcglobal.net. Thank you for your time. Tonja

Anonymous said...

Great cardigan!

Anonymous said...

I love this sweater. I also really want to make the tshirt one you made on the lk 150. What was that pattern.

Angelika said...

My T-Tops (done on knitting machines this summer) were all charted by hand, custom fitted to my body shape.

But you could get pretty much the same look using the software Knitware. As for a specific pattern, I don't have anything written.

Unknown said...

THe summer cardigan is beautiful! Please put my name in for the drawing, I can always use more of the shepherd bulky. I love your store and look forward to receiving my recent purchase soon.

Unknown said...

The summer cardigan is beautiful! Please put my name in for the drawing. I can always use more of the shepherd bulky. I love your store and I look forward to receiving my latest purchase soon!

Sarah said...

I have just recently joined the world of knitting, which I love. I also love blogs so I was excited to find yours!