Thursday, May 1, 2008

Swirl Chunky Vest Progress

It has been 1 month! My hope to post weekly has not worked out. When I get a free moment, I spend it with my nieces who now live with their Dad on our property. They are a lot of fun, and as you can imagine from a 7 and a 12 yr old, things are hoppin' !!

This vest is for the 7 year old. She tried on the large size from the pattern I'm working on and it fit her exactly as a size "one size too small" should have. She liked the vest and thought maybe it was for her. So I had her pick a color, and I knit a larger size. This size took 3 balls. I have notes on it, but it won't be included the pattern.

I had hoped to photograph this vest with Aurora wearing it. But as each day goes by, the chances keep going by. Maybe this weekend, as I'd like to have a picture of her wearing it.

A local knitter said she'd like one in her size, so maybe the next pattern will be an adult version of this vest. I also put a tie closure on this vest. I will include notes on tie, snap and button closures in the pattern. Mom has finished test knitting and boy did she find errors. It was really embarrassing. Just goes to show I have tooooo much on my plate!! Oh, but I really LOVE designing and writing patterns!


So cold still here on the coast. A beautiful sunrise that last about 5 minutes and the clouds too over! I am so ready for some sort of summer!
This is the eastern view from the edge of our yard.
Tomorrow is my youngest's birthday! 22 years old. Oh mi gosh!! She's in Portland attending the Portland Art Institute. Now doesn't that sound like a dream school! It is really hard for her, but she says she wouldn't have it any other way. She lives in downtown Portland. Wow. What an experience for a young person!
'til next time!!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

What a lovely vest. Great job:D