Saturday, August 11, 2007

a brief respite



A brief respite.....
my granddaughter left us on Thursday morning.
She turns 13 this year, and is very precious to me. As things turned out, I was her Mom's coach when she was born. It was quite an experience as both of my children were born ciscerian.
And what makes it doubly special is that her Mom is my step-daughter. So from the first breath Tyler took, she was special to me. She now has a brother Zane and a little sister, Nora. (Just love those names!)




Here is a picture of Tyler wakeboarding. We live on a lake, so summer activities are often water oriented. The other popular activities is 4-wheeling in the sandunes, watching movies in our new media room and just plaing partying!


This morning at 5:30 am, my baby sister, Sabrina, and her son went to the airport. Now the house is absolutely silent.


What I have not yet confessed is that our dog of 14 years finally decided enough is enough and stopped eating. On the 30th of August he left us for doggy heaven. It has been a bit tough, but with all the family about, the tears have been buffered. Please, a few moments of silence for loveable Muttley.
And onward....today is a fiber arts meeting. So after gathering up a knitting project I'm off to town. I'm looking forward to it. I have not worked on any of my projects since July 25th. In fact, with the exception of helping Tyler out of a knitting snafu, or casting and knitting a few rows to teach my sister to knit, I've not touched any needles except to ship out your orders.
I finished the sleeves of hubby's henley, but after trying it on, I have decided to clip and detach the ribbing at the hemline and add another inch. So that is my goal these days. So close to being done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Muttley. You and your family are in my prayers over the passing of such a precious member of your family.