Sunday, April 22, 2012

So last week, I stopped in at a little sandwich shop (The Energy Bar on South Park blocks) a few blocks from the store.  I was thinking that if I could find a shop that would be open on Sunday, May 13, that we could order sandwiches in for our Lily Chin Workshop.  The gentlemen was very agreeable, and I walked away with a menu.  On this past Friday, he showed up at the store with a plate of warm cookies, and said "don't forget about me for your workshop".  Now that's marketing or customer service or however you want to call it, but that closed the deal for me.  So about mid morning, those who are interested, can order off his menu, and either Henry or I will go pick up the sandwiches.
There are still a few spots open for Lily's workshop on Sunday, May 13.  But you don't want to wait much longer!!  Here is the pdf registration form.  Or you can also register on-line at http://www.yarn-store.com/events.html, or just call or stop in at the Yarn Store.  (Portland Center Plaza, 1975 SW 1st Ave, Portland 97201, 503-200-5991.

Creative juices still flowing with the arrival of Cotton Supreme Sequins.  It has been chattering away at me, not staying out of my mind, until something perfect popped up for it.  Browsing through clothing catalogs that I get weekly, I found this top.  It is perfect for this yarn.  And yesterday, at our Open House Knit/Crochet, I moved the  Silver Reed LK150 knitting machine up front and did my swatch.  
The sequins did ok through the machine.  A few fell off, but I learned if I knit slower I had less of that.  And I'm thinking that if I did this on the SK155 Silver Reed Bulky knitting machine, fewer would fall off because there is more area for them to move between the needles.

The Pacific NW Knitting Machine Seminar is getting closer and closer.  I am soooo excited to see everyone, and the amazing designs of the instructors.  The early bird discount expired Friday night, but I'm holding it open until Monday morning.  So if you have been hesitating, jump on this now!!  
2 full days of lecture demonstation, and the registration includes Friday Breakfast and Saturday Lunch.
Portland is set for a beautiful weekend.  Yesterday it was in the mid 70s downtown.  After the store closed, I walked down to the Saturday Market.  Operating since 1974 the Portland Saturday Market is the largest continually operating outdoor arts and crafts maket in the nation.  It is centered on the west end of Portland's historic Old Town, bordering the Willamette River.  Within walking distance from the store, I often walk down after the store closes on Saturdays
Hope your summer is progressing well.  Keep knitting and crocheting, and keep in touch!!

PS:  visit me at http://www.facebook.com/a.Yarn.Store  and share your projects with Henry and I !!

No comments: